Following the announcements today from the State Government, we will be re-opening Gardiners Run on Friday 11th June.
While we are delighted to be playing again there remain some restrictions, which will prevent us from operating as normal – these are listed below. Hopefully, these will be eased further on Thursday 17 June, as intimated in today’s announcements.
As you will be aware the booking sheets have been opened from Friday 11 June, in anticipation of the return to golf. We are now able to book in the normal manner. That said, there have been some changes to the fixture – notably the June Monthly Medals for Seniors, Men and Women will be the first events played by each of these groups. When booking please note the daily competition to avoid any surprises on the day.
Please note the following important information that will ensure that we are compliant with guidelines, and that we implement strategies consistent with COVID – safe protocols:
The Club House
- Maintain Social distancing practises – keep a distance of 1.5m between members and staff
- Arrive no more than 15 min before your tee time – to help us manage capacity limitations.
- The Golf Shop be open – however density quotients will be in place – watch out for the signs.
- Before Entering the golf shop for each visit: check-in – via QR Code or manually; use hand sanitiser.
- The preferred option of payment is Credit Cards, EFTPOS or Member Accounts.
- The clubhouse limit is 40 people, members and guests will have 30 minutes to have a drink and a bite to eat before making way for other members to do the same.
- Masks must be worn inside the clubhouse at all times, except when seated with food or drink.
- Food and beverages will be available, but the range will be limited as the kitchen will not be open.
On the Course
- Maintain Social Distancing – avoid handshakes and sharing of equipment
- Ball washers and drinking fountains are still disabled
- Sand buckets available – and their use encouraged
Flagsticks and Bunkers
- Flagsticks can be removed or left in – at the discretion of each player
- Bunker rakes have been returned and the temporary local rule has been removed
- It is recommended that you carry a small container of hand-sanitizer and use as appropriate
- Closed due to restrictions – hopefully opening on June 18
- Will be available for lessons with the Club Professionals – in groups of 10 or less
Practice Green, Bunker and Chipping Area
17. Only the putting green will be available with a maximum of 10 persons in the area. The chipping green will be closed and will open when the practice fairway does.
- No restrictions but if there are 2 persons in the cart masks are required – because the distance between occupants will be less than 1.5m (members living in the same household excepted)
- Cart availability and usage will be determined by ground conditions on the day of play
20. Avoid congregating in the car park in large groups.
We understand that this is a long list, but in reality most are just reminders of things we have become used to over the last 15 months.
Enjoy your golf – and for the next week or so stay warm and dry!
Ray Seddon James Woite
Golf Captain Gardiners Run Manager